- Convert MP4, M4V, MP4V files to AVI or MPEG
- Last updated on 04/17/20
- There have been 0 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
The Pazera Free MP4 to AVI Converter is a software application for converting your MP4 videos to AVI format.
This is a very basic and simple-looking video converter. The program is light on features, because it has one main purpose, which is converting videos to AVI format. The conversion process time varies from one job to another. You should expect it to take about twice as much time as the length of the video being converted if it’s longer than a few minutes.
Even if you’re not very familiar with computers, it should be pretty easy to start using this program, though you might not understand some of the default settings it has. Audio Codec, Bitrate and Sampling Frequency are among the settings options that will most likely be unfamiliar to a novice user. There are Advanced settings for those who know more about videos and computers, but a novice user can go without changing anything and still manage to get the program to work. The Help page can take you to the publisher’s Web site, but you won’t find any tutorial there. They do list the most important features, but that’s it. If you’re a novice user who wants to learn more about the program, you might not find enough information.
It was fast and easy to download and install Pazera. There were a few extra download offers, but it’s not required to download anything except Pazera in order to have it work.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.16
- Updated conversion engine (FFmpeg) and media information library (MediaInfo).
- Added option to save the creation, last access and last write time of the source files in the output files.
- New video filters: color conversion to grayscale or sepia, brightness, saturation, flip horizontal, flip vertical, rotation, negative.
- Displaying the size of the resulting file during conversion.
- Highlighting the conversion speed and highlighting the number of the current pass during two-pass conversion.
- A new control displaying a list of pre-defined video resolutions. All resolutions that meet the 16:9 aspect ratio are highlighted in green, 4:3 – light red. The list has also been complemented with slightly less used resolutions.
- The control displaying the list of profiles has been changed. Now additional separators are displayed between the profiles, which increases the readability.
- Changed the position and size of some interface elements, mainly related to facilitating access to advanced program options.
- A small changes to many controls: file list (table), buttons, audio volume slider, menus, some panels.
- The error causing displaying of negative values of processed data after exceeding the 2GB threshold has been fixed.
Free MP4 to AVI Converter is the freeware application which converts MP4, M4V and MP4V files to AVI or MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2). MP4 files are commonly used by video sites (YouTube), portable players (iPod, PSP), mobile phones (iPhone, Samsung Galaxy) and other devices. Unfortunately, many players and video editing software does not support the MP4 format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MP4 file to more popular format such as AVI or MPG.The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other. The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click Convert button on the toolbar.
At default settings, the application converts files using Xvid video encoder and MP3 audio encoder, and automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality. Most portable and fixed players should have no problems playing AVI files created with these settings.