- Take full advantage of highly executable, feature-rich, multi-language, simultaneous text and source code editing
- Last updated on 09/28/20
- There has been 1 update within the past 6 months
- The current version has 1 flag on VirusTotal
Notepad++ Portable brings together the best of Notepad and WordPad, so that people don’t have to continue to choose between them.
Clean installer: The program installs very quickly and doesn’t burden you with myriad options to check or a bunch of documentation to read during the install process.
Highly functional: This is a very powerful program in a stripped-down package. It consumes barely any system resources and yet provides you with all of the functions that you need.
Multi-document support: You can keep multiple documents open at one time, and they will display in a tabbed interface.
Strange menus: When you click on one of the items in the bar, the menu appears offset, rather than dropping down where you expect it to, under the item. This makes navigating through the menus confusing at first glance.
If you find yourself switching back and forth between WordPad and Notepad or use both programs on a regular basis, you can make life easier by downloading Notepad++ Portable. The program is lean, clean, and effective.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 7.8.5 REV 3
- Fix “Monitoring” not detecting all file changes issue.
- Fix auto-updater disabling not working regression.
- Fix Notepad++ doesn’t exit correctly while Windows 10 update restart.
- Make Count command in Find dialog respect Backward-direction and Wrap-around options.
- Make Find dialog remember its position across runs.
- Add the document size column to the Windows Selection dialog.
- Make “View Current File in(browser)” commands macro recordable.
- Add external sound control capability for unsuccessful search (in Find dialog) bell.