- Operate data between local PC and remote servers via FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, WebDAV, S3 file transfer protocols
- Last updated on 10/16/20
- There have been 5 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
WinSCP is a popular free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. Moreover, WinSCP is a powerful multi-functional tool that will improve your productivity. WinSCP can copy files between a local and remote computer using multiple protocols: FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP, WebDAV or S3. On the one hand, WinSCP offers an easy to use graphical user interface; you can choose between Windows File Explorer look and tabbed twin-panel interface like Norton commander. On the other hand, advanced users can automate WinSCP functionality using .NET assembly or simple batch file scripting. You will use WinSCP for all common operations with files. You can start editing a file directly from WinSCP, either using WinSCP internal text editor or using integration with your favorite external text editor. WinSCP operations are not limited to individual files; WinSCP offers several ways to synchronize your remote and local directories. After connecting to a site you can choose to store site information for repeated access, WinSCP can even share site settings with another popular open source tool PuTTY. WinSCP integrates also with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH. Admins love WinSCP support for portable operation using a configuration file instead of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media. A comprehensive WinSCP documentation is freely accessible. This site hosts also a very active user forum for support and feature requests. WinSCP is available in English and many other languages. WinSCP is an open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 5.17.8
- Improvements to sessions and workspace management, so that WinSCP can now easily restore tabs that were open when it was last closed.
- Hardware-accelerated AES.
- Extension Archive and Download to archive remote files and download the archive.
- Improvements to Synchronization checklist window.
- Allowed sorting of find results.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.73.
- The binaries are signed with new EV certificate valid until February 2023.