- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos
- Last updated on 10/01/15
- There have been 0 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 2 flags on VirusTotal
- Also available on Mac
PhotoScape provides a full suite of tools that you can use for editing and enhancing your photos to create the perfect memories. Then, put them together into a slideshow to enjoy with friends.
Tons of features: No matter what photo editing program you’re used to, you’ll find the tools you’re looking for in this app. Crop your photos with straight or circular borders, apply multiple filters, and even edit your photos in batches to save time. And when you’re ready, you can string them together into animated GIFs with customized transition effects.
Effects preview: To ensure that you’re satisfied with the effects you choose for each photo, this program lets you preview each change before you make it. And because each effect, itself, is adjustable, you can make all of the adjustments you want on a sliding scale in the preview window before you finalize the changes on the photo, itself.
Redundant interface: The home screen for PhotoScape features icons for various tools arranged in a circle on one side, with links to tutorials and other special pages on the other. But most of the tools found on the home screen can also be accessed through the tabs at the top of the interface. While this doesn’t prevent you from accessing all of the features you want, it can be a bit confusing at first, and is redundant at the very least.
PhotoScape is a convenient and versatile photo editing program. It delivers on all promised features, works smoothly, and costs nothing. So if you’re looking for a new photo app, this is a good one to take for a test drive.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 3.7
- Version 3.7:
- Added ‘Black & White’ and ‘Bandicoot’ filters (Editor / Home)
- Added a ‘Smart Blur’ brush (Editor / Tools / Effect Brush)
- Brush sizes increase from 3 to 4 and become bigger.
- Added 29 more film effects so totally 35 film effects now. (Editor / Home)
- Improve the ‘Film Effect’ UI
- Improved Editor, Page, Combine and AniGif UI
- Fixed minor bugs